We have owned a timeshare at Calypso Cay since 2005. We have always had issues when attempting to use or exchange it, but finally this year in April we were able to book a two bedroom week for check in on October 22.
When we arrived at 4 PM on the 22nd we were told that only one of our units was completely ready but we were given both keys and asked to wait a few minutes before going into the second unit. When we got to the units the key would not work in the one door so we opened the second. We were horrified to see a condo covered with drop cloths, paint cans, trash, and no air conditioning. We could not get into the other room at all. So we repacked the car with all our luggage and went back to the Inn where we proceeded to wait an hour while some poor young guy desperately tried to locate another unit for us. While we waited we watch the parade a very unhappy people coming in to complain about various issues, the most disturbing of which was the young woman in tears because her unit was full of roaches. After an hour I demanded to speak to a manager and we were introduced to Jonathan, who said he found us a three bedroom unit newly refurbished and lovely and he was just going to check and make sure it was (and this is an actual quote) "up to my standards".
A few minutes later he called the desk and they gave us our keys. We dragged all our luggage back up yet again and again neither key worked. We called the desk and they said they would send up the maintenance man with the master keys. When he got there and opened the door there were people already staying in the unit!! He opened the second unit and it appeared to be empty so my husband started checking the cabinets for bugs and since we didn't see any we decided to stay but call the desk to speak to the manager. We were told he would call us right back. He never did.
The place was filthy. The furniture old and dirty. There were holes and pits on every table surface. There was a dirty fork under the kitchen table and what can only be described as a ball of pubic hair in the bathroom sink. We have photos of everything. We were disgusted but trapped.
At 3 AM I awoke to use the bathroom and there to greet me was a huge roach. That was the deal-breaker. We got on the phone and booked a reservation at the nearby Sheraton Vista and and basically ran screaming from Calypso Cay as soon as the sun came up. We first tried to speak to someone – anyone – who could compensate us but there was no one to speak to!
I left a message with owner services and four days later I received a call from Ron Gulaso at the resort who wanted to offer me a free week there as a compensation… Are you kidding me? You couldn't pay me a enough to stay there again!! He then referred me to Susan Burch, who never responded back to my e-mail.
I want at the very least a refund of one years maintenance fee which will not even compensate me for the money I had to put out to stay elsewhere. I have pictures of everything I mentioned above.
More Review Details
|Facilities and Services|
|Quality of Food|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Filthy accomodations
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Public Advisory not for family and children! #####Avoid Value Place Plainfield,IN 46168 Avoid###### Value Place aka Woodspring Suites 6295 gateway blvd. Plainfield,IN 46168 ValuePlace Plainfield Indianapolis and nationwide are all bad places! Value Place..."
- "We are currently staying in the Mountainloft resort here in Gatlinburg. It is gross, and the front desk clerks have horrible customer service. I came down here with my mom..."
- "I arrived in Macon on December 14, 2011 at approximately 6pm from VA to visit my niece in the hospital. My older sister had made arrangements for me to stay..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "Hi! I'm from Brazil and a few days ago I bought some games as a gift for a friend in a store in Kissimmee-FL. I bought the Assassin's Creed 4..."
- "First of all, I have been insured through the Marketplace roughly five months ago and it was terrible and veeery time-consuming to get signed up initially. Today I had to..."
- "I placed an order a month ago and I still haven't received it.I've contacted this company several times..."