Calypso Cay - Ran From The Place In Disgust

1 of 42 Calypso Cay reviews

We have owned a timeshare at Calypso Cay since 2005. We have always had issues when attempting to use or exchange it, but finally this year in April we were able to book a two bedroom week for check in on October 22.

When we arrived at 4 PM on the 22nd we were told that only one of our units was completely ready but we were given both keys and asked to wait a few minutes before going into the second unit. When we got to the units the key would not work in the one door so we opened the second. We were horrified to see a condo covered with drop cloths, paint cans, trash, and no air conditioning. We could not get into the other room at all. So we repacked the car with all our luggage and went back to the Inn where we proceeded to wait an hour while some poor young guy desperately tried to locate another unit for us. While we waited we watch the parade a very unhappy people coming in to complain about various issues, the most disturbing of which was the young woman in tears because her unit was full of roaches. After an hour I demanded to speak to a manager and we were introduced to Jonathan, who said he found us a three bedroom unit newly refurbished and lovely and he was just going to check and make sure it was (and this is an actual quote) "up to my standards".

A few minutes later he called the desk and they gave us our keys. We dragged all our luggage back up yet again and again neither key worked. We called the desk and they said they would send up the maintenance man with the master keys. When he got there and opened the door there were people already staying in the unit!! He opened the second unit and it appeared to be empty so my husband started checking the cabinets for bugs and since we didn't see any we decided to stay but call the desk to speak to the manager. We were told he would call us right back. He never did.

The place was filthy. The furniture old and dirty. There were holes and pits on every table surface. There was a dirty fork under the kitchen table and what can only be described as a ball of pubic hair in the bathroom sink. We have photos of everything. We were disgusted but trapped.

At 3 AM I awoke to use the bathroom and there to greet me was a huge roach. That was the deal-breaker. We got on the phone and booked a reservation at the nearby Sheraton Vista and and basically ran screaming from Calypso Cay as soon as the sun came up. We first tried to speak to someone – anyone – who could compensate us but there was no one to speak to!

I left a message with owner services and four days later I received a call from Ron Gulaso at the resort who wanted to offer me a free week there as a compensation… Are you kidding me? You couldn't pay me a enough to stay there again!! He then referred me to Susan Burch, who never responded back to my e-mail.

I want at the very least a refund of one years maintenance fee which will not even compensate me for the money I had to put out to stay elsewhere. I have pictures of everything I mentioned above.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Calypso Cay Accommodation
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #948765

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Calypso Cay? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 42 Calypso Cay reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Calypso Cay. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Calypso Cay.
Filing a new complaint about
×